Fire Prevention Tips for Your Business
Fires are a common disaster that occur among businesses, and they often leave business owners with major losses. Fortunately, business owners can take preventative measures to lower the risk of fires occurring. Emergency preparedness is key! Below are tips on how help prevent a fire in your business:
- Form a fire escape plan that is accessible to all employees at all times. Be sure your employees know the plan well, and practice the plan at least once per year via fire drill.
- Install a sprinkler system throughout the building. These have been known to save businesses from catastrophic fires!
- Every outlet in your building should only have one extension cord each. Adding multiple extension cords to the same outlet is a fire hazard.
- Replace electrical wiring when necessary and regularly.
- Allow for an appropriate amount of space between your appliances and the wall. Overheating can occur if the appliance is too close.
- Delegate one of your associates to be your safety officer. This individual will lead emergency operation plans and allow for organization.
Be prepared and prevent fires!