With Hurricanes back to back this year hitting some of the same areas we are now experiencing flooding. Many may be new to this situation so your friends at SERVPRO decided to throw out a few tips from READY.GOV that may be helpful for you in your situation.
- Make a plan for your household, including your pets, so that you and your family know what to do, where to go, and what you will need to protect yourselves from flooding and COVID-19.
- Build a “Go Kit” of the supplies you will need if you have to quickly evacuate your home.
- Know types of flood risk in your area. Visit FEMA’s Flood Map Service Center for information.
- Sign up for your community’s warning system. The Emergency Alert System (EAS) and National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) Weather Radio also provide emergency alerts. Sign up for email updates and follow the latest guidelines about coronavirus from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and your local authorities to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
- If flash flooding is a risk in your location monitor potential signs, such as heavy rain.
- Learn and practice evacuation routes, shelter plans, and flash flood response.
- If you live in a storm surge flooding zone or a mandatory hurricane evacuation zone, make plans to stay with family and friends. Evacuate to shelters only if you are unable to stay with family and friends. Check with local authorities to determine which public shelters are open. Review your previous evacuation plan and consider alternative options to maintain social and physical distancing to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
- Don’t forget to include your pet in your emergency plan. Remember that some evacuation shelters do not accept pets.
We use advanced inspection and extraction equipment and practices to find and remove water in a quick and efficient manner. Our technicians will monitor and document the drying process from start to finish ensuring your experience with us goes seamlessly. Weather can be unpredictable so being prepared is paramount to ensuring your property or business can return to normal after a disaster. SERVPRO will have your back from beginning to end in any disaster!
In the event, your home or business suffers storm damage don’t hesitate to give us a call! 706-965-7378